Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Judy Marz

Today, I am looking at a great friend and compatriot who died Friday at one in the morning on the leap day of the leap year. Dear Judy would put her hands on you and you would travel to universes well beyond this one. Her work was to uplift and energize the soul, not just for this physical reality but for realities to come.

She was recognized by the Bon people, the Abbot in particular, as one of their own.

The piece of Judy that I love the most is her deadpan face in the middle of telling a story that literally had you lying on the floor laughing. "What?" She would say secretly very pleased by the effect she was having.

In the wake of the Bon ceremonial prayers of forty days and the prayers of all who love her, she is now free and feeling quite great on the other side.

I love you Judy!

2 comments:

gordon a. cronin said...

i knew judy from having seen her at the deerfield gallery. i could tell that she had a good bit of irish blood in her. she would explain her role in dream interpretation into art and her interest in the Bon people. she really acted on her principles. i would gently tease her, calling her "spirit lady." i think that she was quite amused by it.hearing of her condition, i was shocked. she is now at home.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of Judy today and I think of her often. She had a great impact on my life. I felt like in my ignorance did not honor her the way I would have liked while she was here. Judy had a well in her back yard, and Gideon Kirschenman (who has also passed on) and I and one other friend, spent a few days clearing it out. It was dirty and difficult work. We hauled a 70lb boulder out of there. AT the time I didn't realize the implications cleaning out the well had. We got the well cleaned out and it became the sacred water blessed place that it had once been. Honoring the naga in the process. If I could go back in time I would do my best to let her know how much I adored her and respected her. I will never forget those times I had with her in her healing space. She was a gift to me and I won't forget her. I'm on my way to see a Bon Lama this weekend and I hope she can see us!
Rowan....